Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wednesday Morning

Hi all, it is wednesday and my Group Dynamic class closed so I am sitting at the desk preparing for class tomorrow.

Yesterday we wnet to Chapel and the speaker was very good. At noon we had lunch with the Rector, I think, and his wife, the heads of two departments, Sheldon and Jamie, and Jim, Lela, Sharon and Ian, they are from Arkansas. It was a great meal was able to foods I had not eaten before. One thing I can attest to they are great hosts.

Unfrtunately, the elevator was out so had to climb 6 floors to get to the apartment. I was pooped. Then had a return trip only down this time to be in the psych department at 7 am. Unfortunately, I am still suffering from jet lag. I tried my best to saty awake last night so maybe I could sleep past 2:30 am but to no avail. I died at 8 pm no matter how hard I tried. My boss, PaDiddy has been gracious and has let me leave at 2 pm. I am told my body should adjust in a week. I pray that is true.

He is quite bright and has written a book on rural psychology which he using in the classroom. He and his wife are going to take Lela and on an outting. He wanted to know if I was interested in the night life which he states is like Manila. I declined, we would like to go to the ocean.

Jim and I have talked and to say our experience has been two-fold, wonderful and somewhat disconcerting due to lack of textbooks and our students are very sociable in class and appear to havre a case of weak bladder as they get up out of class and come back anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes later. I am going to try and make a different start with my class tomorrow. Please pray for us , Jim and me, that some struture can be implemented without too much backlash.

One thing is for sure you can really understand what a great country we have and appreciate what we have access too.

I am sorry no more new pictures as I brought my camera but left the cable in the apartment.

Hope all is well and Jakie is doing okay. I miss you all and as much as this has so far been a great experience when the time comes I'll be glad to be home.

Love and blessings,
ellen