Friday, May 22, 2009

Arrived Safely But Still on Oregon Timetable

Hi from Indonesia. Lela and i arrived at 1 pm on the 21st. The flight was LONG and for the most part uneventful. Our back and legs gave us fits though being in such a cramped sitting situation. The 747 was full with 400 people and many babies. However, I can say Cathay Pacific really are service oriented.

Today we had a briefing on the school, students, safety etc. Interesting and the faculty and staff bend over backwards to make you comfortable. The campus here is beautiful and plush.

My textbooks and materials have not arrived yet so I emailed Corban to check on it but it may have been confiscated. No way to know. So please have the Father check into it as well. The apartment is lo vely and vey comfortable. Lela and I have our own room and bathroom.

The school's tech people just got my computer up and running as every thing has to be Indonesianized. Hopefully my cell phone will be fixed next. I need an Indonesian SIM card in order to call out.


I have some pictures I will put on the blog later as I am tired and want to rest. I woke up at 1:30 am and went back to sleep at 5 am and got up at 5:30 am.

My love to you all.