Monday, May 25, 2009

Classes began today





































Good Afternoon, it is Monday at 3:20 pm. Today I held my first class of 39 students in attendance. It was a little nerve wracking because the students did not have textbooks or any articles which I had sent for copying. The students really like to talk while I was lecturing, but Stephanie Husk had forwarned me about this. Although it chatter can be disconcerting when we did a focus group the students knew the material. My second class may be cancelled because only 5 students signed up. Jim Hills had a struggle as well, wrong classroom, and student list.
Unfortunately I am still on Oregon time and woke this morning again at 2:30. The sleeping pills I bought so far has not corrected this problem. I keep hoping each night to sleep until at least 5 am. As a result of my tiredness after teaching 4 straight hours Lela and I had lunch and I returned to work but was so tired I left early and came home to take a short nap, hopefully this will help me to up later so I can get up at a decent hour.

The food here is good and very reasonable. It is cheaper to eat out than buy the food and cook, but it is still nice to stay home too. It rains and is in the 90's daily. The electricity went out this morning for about 20 minutes,

Tomorrow we have chapel at 7 am. Then at noon we will have lunch with the Presidents and other dignitaries. They really go out of their way to make us comfortable and that all our needs are met.

I am also including more photos from both Lela's and my camera. Hope all is well with you folks. We send our love.