Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday 22nd from Jakarta Apartment

Well hello again. I thought I would bring you folks up to date with what is happening here. We just finished the mid-terms. Sheldon, Jamie, Marti, her mom, have been ill so please pray for them all but especially Jamie as she leaves for the states tomorrow.



Well our journey with the head of the psych department took Lela and I to Sea World. wife and two boys came along the youngest is a live wire always moving and shaking; the older is serious and a thinker. It was a very peasant day lots and lots of heat...then after lunch Deddy and his wife and boys went on a ride that looked similar to the Octopus of my day. Unfortunately Shanan (not sure of the spelling) got sick an dizzy so we took her to her mothers place and Deddy brought us back to UPH. But by this time with the heat and water poring down our backs we ready to call it a day. At one point Deddy wanted to know if I was going to have a heart attack as we walked up upten flights of stairs to see a movie on conservation and pollution.



Then Sunday Sharon Cosh, she is from Arkansas, had a student who wanted to take her and we tagged along, to see them making Batik. It is an art and each section of indonesia has a different pattern and collor pallet. It is quite pretty and very intricate patterns. Don'y tell Dan but of course I had to have some. So, we took a taxi to Jakarta and the Serena Mall. Their malls here make our look sick, expansive in square footage, extremely tall, 10 stories and filled with some of the nicest stuff. Almost all is in my budget.



I will post some pictures of our trips Friday with Jamie, Saturday with Deddy and Sunday with Olivia, the student. One busy weekend and I still had papers to grade and then dicovered all my work was wrong, different grading system. I probably am driving them nuts.



tonight I cooked spagetti and corn on the cob. We have a microwave, one large frying pan a plastic pitcher, a a small bowl to work with. So it is something like camping when you first get married. But we made it through PTL I can still cook.